3 Key Outfitters™ was created to bring back old knowledge, primitive skills and basic awareness of the outdoors that is slowly being lost in today’s modern world. Between growing up in the country and my time in the Marines, I’ve logged in a few outdoor hours – whether it be for work or recreation, I’ve learned a thing or two. I would like to share some of the joy it has provided me with others and also provide a few tools and tips along the way.
When it comes to tools, all items you see in our shop are made by us. We want to bring a range of useful tools that always serve more than one purpose. When it comes to tips and tricks, be sure to follow us on social media, where I’ll be sharing some simple things to consider while outdoors.
We believe in keeping it simple…
Ordering is simple and straightforward. Make, post, buy.
- Make: Every item is one of a kind and made in the shop by me.
- Post: As soon as I’m done, I’ll post what’s available on Instagram.
- Buy: You can either post a comment that you want to buy or DM me directly that you’re ready to purchase. After that, we’ll DM you and send you invoice to pay online.
Things To Know
First things, first
- Items come sharp. Please use common sense when handling and please use caution when using the tool.
- Be mindful that are handcrafted, custom made products, so no two items will be 100% identical. It is all done at our shop.
- We will do our best to keep you up-to-date with what’s coming down the pipeline and getting ready to drop. Once these items drop, it’s first come, first serve!
- Warranty stays with the knife, no matter who owns it.
- Custom modifications will void the warranty.
- Heavy rust will void the warranty. All knives are made of steel and will rust, if neglected, so minimal maintenance is a must.
- If for whatever reason you hate it, change your mind, or can’t keep it, send it back in its original condition within 30 days for a prompt refund.
- Our knives and tools are made tough and are able to withstand hard-use and extreme conditions. As with all knives and tools, they are not indestructible. Please use our knives tools (or any other for that matter) for their intended purposes. Using these items outside their intended purposes, not only may void your warranty, but could also cause you injury. Be careful!
Care & Usage Tips
- Steel + Moisture = Rust. Use oil or wax, butter, fat – use something. I prefer edible oils. Apply a nice thin coat of argon oil, olive oil, vegetable oil, etc.
- Sharpen it. Easier to keep a sharp knife sharp than to sharpen a dull one.
- The 90 degree back spine. Use it to scrape and shave off barks and like materials. This preserves the edge of the blade for more important tasks.
- Patina. Be proud of it… you earned it. Carbon steel will darken or change color with use overtime. This is called “patina.” It is a controlled oxidation layer that actually protects the surface and helps prevent rust. Just like your grandmother’s iron skillet! 🙂 Every patina is different. I think it adds to the uniqueness of your knife. It will fade away as you sharpen your knife, but will return as you use it.