Things To Know
First things, first…
- Items come sharp. Please use common sense when handling and please use caution when using the tool.
- Be mindful that are handcrafted, custom made products, so no two items will be 100% identical. It is all done at our shop.
- We make our items to order and, while we do try to keep a small inventory, production times can vary. We will do our best to keep you up-to-date on your order progress and we also try to offer fairly just-in-time updates through social media.
- Warranty stays with the knife, no matter who owns it.
- Custom modifications will void the warranty.
- Heavy rust will void the warranty. All knives are made of steel and will rust, if neglected, so minimal maintenance is a must.
- If for whatever reason you hate it, change your mind, or can’t keep it, send it back in its original condition within 30 days for a prompt refund.
- Our knives and tools are made tough and are able to withstand hard-use and extreme conditions. As with all knives and tools, they are not indestructible. Please use our knives tools (or any other for that matter) for their intended purposes. Using these items outside their intended purposes, not only may void your warranty, but could also cause you injury. Be careful!
Care & Usage Tips
- Steel + Moisture = Rust. Use oil or wax, butter, fat – use something. I prefer edible oils. Apply a nice thin coat of argon oil, olive oil, vegetable oil, etc.
- Sharpen it. Easier to keep a sharp knife sharp than to sharpen a dull one.
- The 90 degree back spine. Use it to scrape and shave off barks and like materials. This preserves the edge of the blade for more important tasks.
- Patina. Be proud of it… you earned it. Carbon steel will darken or change color with use overtime. This is called “patina.” It is a controlled oxidation layer that actually protects the surface and helps prevent rust. Just like your grandmother’s iron skillet! 🙂 Every patina is different. I think it adds to the uniqueness of your knife. It will fade away as you sharpen your knife, but will return as you use it.